LAW ENFORCEMENT ONLY
HEAVY TRUCK CRASH RECONSTRUCTION
Vehicle Inspection, Deceleration, Rollover, Dynamics and Off Tracking for Heavy Trucks
Traffic Reconstruction & Transportation Compliance
8900 Byron Commerce Drive
Byron Center, MI 49315
May 7 – 11, 2018
The scope of this 40-hour course is to provide the Technical Traffic Crash Investigator or Traffic Crash Reconstructionist with the advanced techniques needed for reconstructing collisions that involve heavy vehicles. This course is registered with MCOLES and is 302 funds approved.
Upon conclusion of the class the student should be able to:
· Evaluate a heavy vehicles ability to stop through:
o Examination of the vehicle air brake system
o Completing brake force calculations to determine the vehicle’s braking efficiency
· Reconstruct a heavy vehicles axle weight
· Calculate a dynamic vehicle rollover threshold
· Evaluate Data from Heavy Vehicle Event Data Recorders
· Understand the proper procedures for post-crash inspections
· Completion of this class should better prepare the student to investigate heavy vehicle collisions and be successful in future courtroom presentations.
For additional information contact, Mr. John Bruno, 906-280-2447
Registration fees must be received no later than Friday, April 6, 2018. Seats are limited to 25 people.
Cost per student: $550.00, eligible for 302 funding.
To get all of the On-Line training opportunities offered by IPTM go to the following link: