The 2018 MATAI FALL LIVE CRASH CONFERENCE (See it....Work it!!!!!)
October 16th (half day) Motorcycle skid testing and more.
October 17th (Full day) Motorcycle vs Car live crash testing for you to see and work.
Planned crash testing will include:
- Moving motorcycle with passengers, impacting a stationary vehicle that will be rotated upon impact, necessitating an angular momentum analysis.
- Motorcycle with passengers, "high side" crash.
- Motorcycle traveling straight vs Passenger vehicle making a left turn (both vehicles moving).
- Motorcycle "down and sliding" testing will be conducted as well.
Several Analysis will be looked at to resolve crash speeds including Angular Momentum, Separated vehicle momentum, Energy, EDR solutions and video analysis.
"Motorcycle passenger" crash dynamics and final rest positions can be observed and studied.
All vehicles will be instrumented.
CONFERENCE LOCATION: Resurrection Life Church, 5100 Ivanrest Ave SW, Grandville Michigan, 49418
HOTEL INFO: Block of rooms set up at the Holiday Inn Express, 4651 36th St, Grandville, Michigan, 49418
- Make your reservations at this number only: (616) 532-0202 to receive the discount
- You must mention MATAI or the Michigan Association of Traffic Accident Investigators to get the $109.00 Gov't Rate.
- You also must book your room by September, 17th, 2018
- Rate includes a breakfast buffet
HOTEL INFO: Hyatt Place Hotel at 2150 Metro Way, Wyoming, Michigan, 49519 (616) 724-1234
- This is an excellent Hotel about 5 minutes from the venue. The sales manager, Margo Smitzer, told me that although they can not offer us a block of rooms, if you call and ask for her and request the Gov't rate you may find it is cheaper than the Holiday Inn Express. The desk people may tell you otherwise so ask for Margo.